X-ray at home� Mastoid

X-ray at home� Mastoid

X-Ray
40% OFF

NULL


Why is X-ray at home� Mastoid done ?

Normally, the mastoid processes are bilaterally cellular in 80% of the population, while in the remaining 20%, they are bilaterally acellular. The following represents the most important findings of common mastoid diseases:

  • Acute suppurative mastoiditis: The mastoid air cell system shows clouding or diffuse haziness. Destruction of the intercellular septa is also present and manifested by loss of the normal trabecular pattern. Acute inflammation of the mastoid is also associated with a prominence of the lateral sinus plate.
  • Chronic mastoiditis: This is marked by diffuse sclerotic changes of the mastoid air cell system and a prominent periantral triangle.
  • Cholesteatoma: Cholesteatomas can only be diagnosed radiologically when the disease process leads to bone erosion because they are radiolucent. Erosion of the antrum of the mastoid process can be visualized in the form of a translucent area within a sclerotic mastoid. A cholesteatoma cavity usually has a smooth margin. This should be differentiated from a granulation cavity which usually has a hairline appearance.
  • Fistulas: In cases of chronic suppurative otitis media, infection usually spreads to the internal ear via the apex of the external auditory canal. This can be visualized in radiological films of the mastoid process.
  • Zygomatic mastoiditis: This occurs when the infectious process in the mastoid process extends to the zygomatic bone, which can be visualized radiologically as an extension of pneumatization into the zygomatic bone. Rarely, the infection can lead to the destruction of the tempro-mandibular joint.
  • Apical petrositis: This can be seen as recognizable cell formation in the petrous bone.
  • An operated mastoid cavity: It is usually visualized as a cavity that has an irregular margin with the absence of sclerosis.

X-ray at home� Mastoid Instructions

NULL

Why is X-ray at home� Mastoid ?

An X-ray at home  Mastoid is an imaging test that uses small amounts of radiation to produce pictures of the tissues and Mastoid bone. Mastoid is the vital structure of the inner ear. Although this is called a bone, the mastoid doesn�t have the structure as rigid or solid like any other bones. It is made of air sacs and resembles a sponge.

It can detect the infection developed in the middle ear and mastoid bone and blockage of the Eustachian tube.